Christian College Chengannur
Christian College, Chengannur is owned and managed by the Malankara Mar Thoma Syrian Church and is affiliated to the University of Kerala. Founded in 1964 by Rt. Rev. Dr. Mathews Mar Athanasius, Christian College, Chengannur towers high as a centre of excellence in education on a hill top with pristine beauty. College offers graduate courses in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology, Economics, History, English & post graduate courses in Economics, English, Physics & Analytical Chemistry.
The aim of the college is to provide higher education in Arts & Science of the highest standard encouraging sound learning, building up character and upholding moral and spiritual values. The college strives to inculcate values like compassion, kindness, gentleness and humanity among the students. Along with curricular progression of students an equal emphasis is also given to ensure development of extra curricular skill of students.
- English Literature (Core) – Political Science & History of English Literature (Complimentary)
- History (Core) – Economical and Political Sciece (Complimentary)
- Economics (Core) – Indian History and Political Science (Complimentary)
- Mathematics (Core) – Statistics and Physics (Complimentary)
- Physics (Core) – Mathematics and Chemistry (Complimentary)
- Chemistry (Core) – Mathematics and Physics (Complimentary)
- Botany (Core) – Chemistry and Zoology (Complimentary)
- Zoology (Core) – Botany and Chemistry (Complimentary)
- M.A. Economics
- M.A. English
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry
Facilities of Christian College
- Staff Rooms
- Sport and Games
- Computer Labs
- Seminar Halls
- Placement Cell
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Counselling Centre
- Women’s Cell
- Grievence Redessel Cell
- Students are admitted strictly on the basis of merit, for general and reservation categories.
- Candidates who are admitted to the B.A., B.Sc, B.Com. classes should have the certificates of the qualifying examination they have passed and the mark-list.Students who come from other universities must produce the migration certificate before they can be admitted.
Christian College Contact Details
Phone – 0479-2452275(O) , 0479-2456550(O)
Website – http://www.christiancollege.in