Puli Inji is a must in the Sadya menu.Puli Inji is a dark brown color dish.Puli Inji is a a sweet and sour pickle like preparation, made out of tamarind and ginger.It is also known as Inji Puli and Inji Curry.
|Ginger(finely chopped)||7″ piece|
|Green chillies||7 – 8 nos|
|Fenugreek seeds(Uluva)||A pinch|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp|
|Bengal gram(Kadalaparippu)||1 tsp|
|Tamarind pulp(Puli)||as required|
|Oil||2 – 3 tbsp|
How to Make ( 3 Adults)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- chopped ginger fry until it turns into Brown Color.
- Remove the ginger into a separate plate.
- Fry the green chillies in the same oil and remove it too from the heat
- Add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, Bengal gram and let the mustard crackle in the same Oil.
- Add the fried ginger and the fried chillies along with the tamarind water .
- all the ingredients are immersed in the liquid.
- Add sugar or jaggery
- let the solution become very thick and viscous.