Olan is a South India Dish . It is prepared from white gourd ,coconut milk and ginger seasoned with coconut oil .Olan is usually served as part of a Sadhya.
|Kumbalanga (Ash gourd)||100gm|
|Pumpkin||100gm / 1 cup|
|Green chillies||4 no|
|Red gram dal||1tbs|
|Grated coconut||1 cup|
How to Make
- Remove the covering of the Kumbalanga (ash gourd).
- after cut it into very small pieces.
- Cook the vegetables and red gram dal in water.
- Add or mix Sallt and the green chillies according to your taste.
- After it done add 1cup coconut milk and boil untill it become thick.
- When it became thickens well then add 1/4cup coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil and remove from fire.
- Add 1tbs coconut oil and the curry leaves and mix well
The Olan is ready to delight your taste buds.