Parippu Payasam is Traditional South Indian Sweet Dish.It is also known as Kheer. Payasam are derived from the Sanskrit word Payas which also means “milk”. Kheer or Payasam is prepared in festivals, temples, and all special occasions. It is made by boiling rice or broken wheat with milk and sugar , and flavoured with cardamom , raisins , saffron ,cashew nuts , pistachios or almonds.
|Parippu (Green gram dal)||250gm|
|Coconut milk||from 2 coconuts|
|Cashew nuts, Raisins||for seasoning|
How to Make
- Fry Dal on pan till it became light brown.
- After that Clean and boil the fried Dal well.
- Heat jaggery with some water and make a thick solution.
- Take milk from the coconut thrice
- Keep the thick milk taken 1st, aside.
- Add the 2nd and 3rd milk and the jaggery solution to the boiled Dal.
- Simmer on medium flame till thick.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in ghee.
- Add these and the 1st milk to the payasam
- Mix well and remove from fire.