Vocational Education is designed to prepare skilled work force in middle level in one or more group of occupations trade or job after matriculation at 10+2 stage of Education. The objective of the course is to enhance individual employability and to provide an alternative for those pursuing higher education. It is a distinct stream intended to prepare students for identified occupations.
The Department of Vocational Higher Secondary Education conducts two year Vocational courses at the Higher Secondary level leading to the award of the “Certificate in Vocational Higher Secondary Education” in the concerned discipline. The courses are conducted in selected Government Higher Schools/High Schools (Aided)/ and Technical High Schools. Each institution gives admission to 25 candidates in one course. A marginal increase not exceeding 20% seats in a course is sanctioned subject to availability of facilities, demand from the local public and without any additional financial commitment. VHSE Offers following courses
Kerala School Results: Kerala SSLC Result : Kerala THSLC Result : Kerala VHSE Result : Kerala HSE Result
- Engineering Technology
- Animal Husbandry
- Home Science
- Business and Commerce
Vocational Education is designed to prepare skilled work force in middle level in one or more group of occupations trade or job after matriculation at 10 + 2 stage of Education. The objective of the course is to enhance individual employability and to provide an alternative for those pursuing higher education without particular interest or purpose.
There are 389 VHS schools in the state imparting instruction in 42 disciplines.There are approximate 1000 batches in these schools offering VHSE 10+2 level for 33,000 students.
- As 41 of the vocational courses are approved as ‘Designated subject trades’ under the ambit of the Apprenticeship amendment act 1986, students can attend apprenticeship training at various institutions like industrial establishments, banks,co-operatives etc and get ‘CERTIFICATE Of PROFICIENCY’ from the Board of Apprenticeship Training. (Southern Region) Chennai, under the Government of India.
- There is 2% seat reservation to vocational pass-outs (Engineering discipline) while admission to diploma courses in polytechnics.
- Twelve courses conducted by this Directorate has already been approved by the Kerala PSC as the basic qualification for various posts. This Directorate has taken steps to identify more avenues in various departments in order to make desirable modification in the recruitment rules with the involvement of PSC.
- Curriculum committee for VHSE has been reconstituted during 2002.
- State Council for Vocational Education has been reconstituted during 2002.
- SAY Scheme was implemented from March 2002 for VHSE students who failed for one subject.
- Revaluation rules were revised for the benefit of the students.
- Gold medal award distributed to three top rankers of each group of VHSC from 2003 onwards.
- One seat reserved for Kala Prathibha and Kala Thilakam of VHSE youth festival for entrance examination.
- From this academic year onwards 10% seats increased for admission to VHS courses.
- Vocational Survey was launched in collaboration with State Planning Board.
- Orders were issued to issue provisional certificate for VHSE passouts, if required.
- Commerce group courses computerised.
- Libraries for all Vocational Higher Secondary Schools.
Directorate of Vocational Higher Secondary Education,
Housing Board Building,
4th Floor Santhi Nagar,
Thiruvananthapuram – 1
Tel. No. ++91-0471 – 2325318,
Fax No.++91 – 0471 -2325323
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org