JIPMER 2013 MBBS Entrance Exam
Jawaharlal Institute Of Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) invites candidates for admission to M.B.B.S. Course for 141 seats is through an Entrance Examination conducted by JIPMER at various centers. Interested Candidates are required to fill Online Application form through Online mode from 25th March, 2013 to 04 May, 2013.Entrance Fee Submission is through Online Mode Only.
No Of Seats
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27|
|3||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15|
|4||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||8|
|Puducherry –40 Seats|
|1||Other Backward Classes (P
- UR )
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11|
|3||Scheduled Caste (SC)||6|
- Indian Nationality
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2013, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-1997.
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and Mathematics (which shall include practical tests in these subjects)or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination. For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination is 40%.
JIPMER Examination Centers
The JIPMER reserves the right to allot any one of the above centers . The option once exercised is Final. Change of center will not be permitted.
|Laste Date For Online Registration of Application On JIPMER Website( http://www.jipmer.edu.in/)||4 May 2013 (upto 5:00 pm)|
|Status of Applications and date of hosting / Uploading the Admit Cards on JIPMER website www.jipmer.edu.in(The admit cards will be made available through internet only and not by post)||:15 May 2013|
|Date Of Entrance Examination||2nd June 2013 (Sunday)
(10:00 A.M – 12:30 P.M)
|Expected Date Of Result||On or Before 9 July 2013|
|Allotment of Seats by Personal Appearance||11,12, 13 July 2013|
|Commencement of Course||15 August 2013|
Method Of Selection and Merit List
- All General candidates securing less than 50% marks, general OPH candidates less than 45% marks, Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes securing less than 40% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry , Botany and Zoology taken together in the Entrance Examination will not be considered for admission to the Institute and their names will not be included in the merit list.
- A combined merit list of all the categories of candidates will be drawn on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates selected against the Physically Handicapped quota will be placed in the appropriate category in which he/she belongs (i.e. Unreserved/ Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Puducherry Unreserved/Puducherry Other Backward Classes/ Puducherry Scheduled Caste) on horizontal reservation basis. OPH Candidates should be prepared to stay at their own cost for an extra day to complete the medical examination by the Board constituted by the Institute in order to certify their eligibility against this
A merit list will be drawn on the basis of the total marks of 200 obtained in the Entrance Examination by the candidates. The Merit List will consist o f a ll candidates who are eligible for admission. Candidates who secure less than the marks as indicated in the En trance Examination will not be considered for admission and the ir names will not be included in the Merit List. There is no provision for re-checking/re-evaluation of answer sheets. No query will be entertained in this regard.Marks obtained in the Entrance Examination by the candidates will be placed in the official Website : www.jipmer.edu.in
|Category||Minimum Marks For Admission|
For More Informations about JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION – http://126.96.36.199/PDF2/MBBS_PROSPECTUS_2013_Final_23Mar2013.pdf
Pondicherry – 605 006, India
Fax : (0413) 2272067 (Director), 2272066(Dean), 2272735(M.S.)
Phone-(0413) 2272380 – 90 (11 lines), 2272132,