JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2014
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is one of the top five medical schools in India. It is located in Pondicherry.The campus of JIPMER lies at the western entrance of Pondicherry and spreads across 195 acres of a picturesque hillock known locally as Gorimedu. JIPMER offers a variety of courses. Undergraduate courses include MBBS, BSc (Medical Laboratory Technology), BMRSc (Bachelor of Medical Record Science). BSc (Nursing) .Postgraduate courses include MD, MS, and diploma in many specialties, MSc in Medical Biochemistry and PhD in several subjects. Super-specialty courses include MCh in cardiothoracic surgery, urosurgery, neurosurgery, paediatric surgery, gastro intestinal surgery and DM in cardiology, neurology, urology, neonatology, clinical pharmacology and immunohematology. Other courses include a certificate course in French, a higher diploma course in French, MRO and MRT.
JIPMER 2014 Entrance Exmination and Eligibility
The candidates are admitted for all the above courses on the basis of Common Entrance Examinations. For M.D., M.S. and Diploma courses the Entrance Examination is conducted at Pondicherry and Chennai and the results are published within two or three days . For the MBBS course, the Entrance Examination is conducted at Pondicherry, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Calcutta and Tiruvananthapuram. The results are published within a week and the selection is based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination. For B.Sc. and M.Sc. courses, a common entrance examination is conducted in the Institute.
Admission to M.B.B.S. Course for 127 seats is through an Entrance Examination conducted by JIPMER at various centers once every year.M.B.B.S., B.Sc. M.Sc., M.D., M.S., Degree Courses are offered in 32 various disciplines.
JIMPER 2014 Exam Eligibility
- The Applicant should be anIndian National
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and Mathematics(which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after int roduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination.
Qualification - Candidate must have passed HSC( 10+2) examination with Physics , Chemistry, Biology, and English
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2014 Format
The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2014 will be based on the syllabus for XI & XII Standard as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE .The Entrance Examination will be of multiple choice type questions totaling 200 in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Online Examination fot JIMPER 2014 will be of 150 minutes (10:00am- 12:30 pm) on 8th June 2014 that is Sunday.
JIMPER 2014 Exam Date – 8th June 2014
Jipmer 2014 Examination Center
JIPMER Examination will be held over 36 cities in different center which are namely
- North Zone -Delhi,Faridabad,Ghaziabad,Greater Noida,Gurgaon, Lucknow, Merrut
- South Zone- Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Mangalore, Mysore, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Puducherry, Salem, Tirunelveli, Thiruvannamalai,, Trichi, Trivandrum, Vijaywada, Vishakapatnam
- East Zone- Assansol, Bhubneshwar, Durgapurm, Guwahati, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata
- West Zone- Bhopal, Gandhi Nagar, Mumbai, Pune
How To Apply JIPMER 2014
The application is available only on ONLINE. Completed application has to be posted with the Photograph, proof of payment with UR number (in case of transfer/ deposit in bank )/ Demand draft and necessary attested copy of certificate as proof of category.
Bank Draft M.I.C.R. Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (For SC/ST: Rs.800/- only) issued by any Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, JIPMER” payable at Pondicherry.
Important Date for JIPMER Examination 2014
|Entrance Examination||08.06.2014 (Sunday)|
|Reporting Time||07:30 AM|
|Entry to Exam Hall closes at||09:30 AM|
|Start of Examination||10:00 AM|
|Candidates will be permitted to leave the hall only at 12:30 PM|
Commencement of Online Exams- 19 March 2014
Closing Date of Registration – 2 May 2014
Entrance Examination Dates- 8 Jube 2014 ( 10am -12:30Pm)
JIPMER 2014 Result Date- 16.06.2014(Monday)
Allotment of seat by Personal appearance - 10& 11.07.2014(Thursday& Friday)
The result will be displayed on the Notice Board of Academic Section, JIPMER and will also be available at JIPMER website at www.jipmer.edu.in . Candidates can download their marks/Rank card from the website portal.
For JIMPER 2014 Exam Notification – Click Here
For More Information about JIPMER Exams- Click Here
JIPMER Contact Details
Pondicherry – 605 006, India
Fax : (0413) 2272067 (Director), 2272066(Dean), 2272735(M.S.)
Phone-(0413) 2272380 – 90 (11 lines), 2272132,