Agriculture Department of Kerala deals with the formulation and implementation of various programmes to augment production of both food crops and cash crops in the State. It undertakes activities among farmers to promote scientific methods of cultivation plant protection etc. and also arranges the supply of high yielding varieties of seeds, seedlings, planting materials and plant protection chemicals to farmers.The department also formulates policies and programmes relating to provision of credit to farmers. Agricultural Research, Education and Extension are three important functions of the department.It runs agricultural farms and also has an engineering wing.
Agriculture Department Organization Structure
The Director of Agriculture is the head of the Department.The department has offices at the regional, district and Panchayat levels. It has a presence in all the village panchayat through Krishi Bhavans.There is a directorate of soil conservation, which has a soil conservation wing and soil survey wing. They undertake investigation preparation, and execution of all the soil conservation work.
Agriculture Production Commissioner heads the Agriculture department and under him there is Secretary Agriculture and Secretary Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development. There are separate field departments for Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development.
Function of Agriculture Department
- Establishment papers of all Gazetted and Non Gazetted Officers of the Agriculture Department except non Gazetted teaching staff, field staff, drivers and peons.
- Delegation of Powers to the Officers of the Agriculture Department.
- All Establishment papers relating to the Agriculture (Soil Conservation) Department.
- Claiming of Central assistance for the Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
- All research stations and Agronomic Experiments.
- Agricultural Farms Laborers and Contingency employees of Agriculture Department.
- Plantation Corporation of Kerala.
- Allocation of fertilizer from Centre to State.
- All papers relating to NCDC Schemes implemented through the Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- To determine the broad technical priorities in the development of Agriculture in different area and to suggest the policies and programmes that are necessary to be adopted in the different regions of the State.
- Papers relating to consolidation work of Committees such as Audit paras, Inspection reports, Report of the
C&AG of India, PAC, Estimates Committee, Public Undertaking Committee, Subject Committee, Petition
Committees, Interpellations, Assurances etc. of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Department.
- To advice the State Government on policy matters related to trade in agriculture in the context of India being a signatory to the WTO and Kerala’s agriculture being predominantly trade oriented.
- Plan Schemes of Dairy Development Department including Central Sector Schemes.
- All Establishment matters relating to AH Department including farm laborers
- Plan Schemes of Animal Husbandry Department.
|S No||Department Sections
Agriculture (Establishment – A) Department
Agriculture (Establishment – B) Department
Agriculture (planning – A) Department
Agriculture (planning – B) Department
Agriculture (NCA) Department
Agriculture (Farms) Department
Agriculture (P U) Department
Agriculture (Agri.) Department
Agriculture (IFA) Department
Agriculture (PPM cell) Department
Agriculture (PS) Department
Agriculture (WTO Cell) Department
Agriculture (Dairy) Department
Agriculture (AHE) Department
Agriculture (AHF) Department
Agriculture (AHG) Department
Kerala Agriculture Important Contact Details
Minister for Agriculture, Animal husbandry, Printing and Stationery
Room No: 118
Mob : 9496255500,9447203535
Fax : 0471-2332239
Email : email@example.com
Shri. K. R. Jyothilal
Room No. 394
Farm Information Bureau
Farm Information Bureau
India.Phone: 0471- 2317314, 2318186.
Kerala Agro Machinery Corporation Ltd.
Reg. office: Athani –683585, Ernakulam Dist, Kerala State
Telephone: 91- 484- 2474301 to 2474305,
Fax: 91- 484- 474589
E-mail: kamco@ satyam.net.in
Plantation Corporation of Kerala
The Plantation Corporation of Kerala Ltd,
Ph: +91-481-2578301-04 , 06,
Fax : +91-481-2578448
Kottayam, Kerala, India.
Kerala Land Development Corporation
Near Rama Nilayam
Chembukavu, Thrissur – 680020
Phone: 0487 2331092
Fax: 0487 2331066