Kerala Shipping Inland Navigation was established in the year of 1989 by the statutory amalgamation of Kerala Inland Navigation Corporation Ltd. Kerala Coastal Shipping was established in December during the year of 1975. KSINC pioneers in shipping and Inland navigation in Kerala, aims to be an ideal organization in pursuit of highest standards of excellence. KSINC maintains highest ethical and professional standards with due regard for environment safeguards while meeting client needs.Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation Cooperation are the Pioneers of inland navigation in the waterways of Kerala. The company maintains the highest standards in its operations.
The Company headquartered is located at Gandhi Nagar, Kadavanthra, Kochi have operating units . It has Three units (a) Thoppumpady (Slipway Complex) (b) Thevara (Boat Yard) and (c) Boat Jetty near High Court.The Managing Director of Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation is the Chief Executive of the company and HOD & (Managers) reporting to the Managing Director is the basic organization of KSINC. Finance Manager heading the Finance/ Accounts Department looks after the financial aspects. The Company Secretary is now in the Company. Mechanical Engineer is looking after the repairs and maintenance and construction of both in house and outside vessels, administrative section is headed by Commercial Officer.
Notable Function of Coastal Shipping and Inland Navigation:
- To establish, maintain and operate Shipping services and to purchase, charter, hire, build ships, tankers and other vessels.
- To undertake and carry on trades and business of shippers, ship owners, ship brokers, ship agents, underwriters, ship managers, shipping and forwarding agents.
- To establish, maintain and operate transportation services for the transport of goods and passengers in inland water in the State of Kerala or elsewhere
- To run, organize, conduct and manage in the State of Kerala or elsewhere Workshops, Repair shops, Service stations for repair and maintenance of marine vessels
- To establish, provide, maintain and conduct Research and Training Institutions and Lab centers.
- Transportation of bulk raw materials, petroleum products and water cargo through inland waters.
- Operation of ferry services to the islands around Kochi.
- Docking and repair of marine vessels.
- Construction of wooden and steel inland water crafts.
- Experienced and well-qualified staff
- Vessels suited for the inland waterways.
- Modern slipway complex
Kerala Coastal Shipping and Inland Navigation Important Contact Details:
Shri.Oommen Chandy & Chief Minister
Room No: 141
3rd Floor, North Block
Phone : 0471-2333812 , 2333682
Fax : 0471-2333489 Mob : 9495655500
Coastal Shipping and Inland Navigation Department
Phone : 0471- 2518183
Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation Corporation Limited
Kochi – 682020
Tel: +91- 484- 2203614, 2206232,
Fax:+91- 484- 2206048
Shri. V. J. Kurian Principal Secretary
Official Website:http://www.Kerala.gov.in, http://www.keralashipping.com