Kerala Department of Cooperation
The growth of Co-operative movement in Kerala was insignificant during pre-independent era.Through sustained efforts, co-operatives have made impressive progress in various segments of Indian economy particularly in agriculture credit disbursement, fertilizer distribution, procurement and distribution of agricultural commodities, promotion of consumer activities, health, dairy, fisheries, handloom, coir etc.Before the formation of State of Kerala, Co-operatives under the area were administered by the Travancore o-operative Societies Act V of 1112(M.E), Cochin Co-operative Societies Act XXVI of 1113(M.E) and Madras Co-operative Societies Act 1932.After the integration of Travancore and Cochin, Travancore-Cochin Co-operative Societies Act 1951 came into force with effect from 1.9.1952. After the formation of Kerala State, the Kerala Co-operative Societies Act of 1969 came into force with effect from15.5.1969 in order to enact a uniform law on co-operation applicable throughout the State.Consequent on the introduction of Kerala Co-operative Societies Act 1969, Societies with unlimited liability ceased to exist and societies with limited liability came into existence. Thereafter Government of Kerala passed the Kerala Co-operative (Amendment) Act 1999 which came into force with effect from 1.1.2000
Cooperation Department Organization:
The Department of Co-operation is headed by the Registrar of Co-operative Societies. At the Headquarters, the Registrar of Co-operative societies is assisted by four Additional Registrars of co-operative societies, two Joint Registrars, one Law Officer and one finance officer and a Research Officer. One Additional Registrar of co-operative societies is in charge of Credit wing and the second Additional Registrar looks after Consumer wing, and the third Additional Registrar is in charge of General administration and matters in respect of Circle Co-operative unions and publicity, and the fourth Additional Registrar is in charge of co-operative Information Bureau and Integrated Co-operative Development Project (ICDP) respectively.
Notable Function of Cooperation Department:
- Establishment papers of Gazetted employees of Co-operation Department.
- Papers relating to RUBCO, Rubber Mark, Consumer-fed, Welfare Fund Board, Co-operative Service Examination Board, Co-operative Employees Pension Board, Kerala State Co-operative Tribunal,Tourism Co-operatives.
- Plan Schemes of Co-operative Department including Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
- Farmers Co-operative Societies, farming Co-operative Societies, Urban Co-operative Societies and
other Societies of all Districts.
- Establishment and all papers of Co-operative Urban Banks
- General Miscellaneous papers and consolidation work relating to Co-operation Department.
- Co-ordination of Papers on Right to Information Act.
- Appeal/Revision Petition filed under Co-operative Societies Act and Rules (excluding SC/ST Societies)& of all Districts.
- Pay Revision of primary Co-operative Societies.
- Infrastructure Consortium.
- Vaidyanathan Committee Report (long term
- Purchase of equipment materials of Co-operative Department including general Purchases
- SC/ST Development Co-operative Societies including Appeal/RevisionPetitions.
|S.NO||Department Section||Phone no|
|1||Co-operation (A) Department||0471 2518621|
|2||Co-operation (B) Department||0471 2518021|
|3||Co-operation (C) Department||04712518607|
|4||Co-operation (PS) Department||04712518871|
Kerala Cooperation Department Important Contact Details:
Shri.C.N.Balakrishnan Minister for Co-operation, Khadi and Village Industries and Pollution Control
Room No: 619
1st Floor, South Block
Phone : 0471-2335866
Mob : 9847035699, 9495255500
Fax : 0471-2327669
Email Id: :firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of the Registrar of Co-operative Societies
Dr. V. M.Gopala Menon Secretary
Fax-0471 – 2322475
Mobile – 9946556650
E-mail : email@example.com
Official Website: www.cooperation.Kerala.gov.in
Related Website of cooperation Department :
|Name Of the Website||Link|
|Co-operative Academy of Professional Education||www.capekerala.org|
|Department of Co-operation||www.cooperation.Kerala.gov.in|
|Kerala State Rubber Coop Ltd(Rubco)||www.rubcogroup.com|
|Malabar Co-operative Textiles Ltd||www.malabarweaving.com|
|Pariyaram Medical College Kannur||www.mcpariyaram.com|
|Kerala State Handicrafts Appex Co-operative Society Ltd||www.surabhihandicraft.com|