Kerala Forest & Wild Life Department
Forest Department is one of the few oldest and important administrative organs of the State with its Headquarters at Thiruvananthapuram.KFD like other state departments in India, has evolved over last one and half century in response to changes in Forest Policy, priorities in five year plans and demands on the forests.Major subjects assigned to the department are Forest Protection, Biodiversity Conservation, Wildlife Management and Research, Forest Development, Social Forestry, Forest Vigilance and Evaluation, Eco-development and Tribal Welfare, Planning and Research, Tribal Rehabilitation and Special Afforestation, Infrastructure and Human Resource Development, FMIS, General Administration including Recruitment and Establishment matters, etc.
Forest & Wild Life Department Organization:
The Kerala Forest department is headed by Principal Chief Conservator of Forests. The Principal Chief Conservator of Forests is assisted by Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Chief Conservator of Forests (Wildlife), Chief Conservator of Forests (Development), Chief Conservator of Forests (Protection), Chief Conservator of Forests (Vigilance), Chief Conservator of Forests (FMIS), Chief Conservator of Forests (IHRD), Chief Conservators of Forests (Social Forestry), Chief Conservator of Forests (Administration), Chief Conservator of Forests (Eco-Development & Tribal Welfare), Chief Conservator of Forests (Working Plan and Research) and two Regional Additional Principal Chief Conservators one at Kollam and one at Kozhikode.For general administration there are forest circles headed by Chief Conservators of Forests, under their jurisdiction Forest Divisions are controlled by Divisional Forest Officers. Each Division is further sub divided into Forest Ranges manned by Forest Rangers reporting to the Divisional Forest Officers.
Notable Function of Forest & Wild Life Department :
- General administration, protection and management of forests.
- Participatory Forest Management.
- Coordination of the research activities and preparation of working plans.
- Carrying out afforestation and increasing tree cover activities in non-forest areas.
- Eco Development and Tribal Welfare activities.
- Wildlife Protection
- Bio-diversity conservation
- Survey and demarcation of forest, lease of cardamom lands in forest areas.
- Illicit felling of trees, smuggling of timber and other forest produces including sandal.
- Committee for approval of Working Plans, Management Plans on tree felling in forest plantation/Wildlife sanctuaries and National Parks.
- All disciplinary cases against the staff governed by the kerala Forest Services Special Rules.
- Inspection Reports Audit paras, draft paras, PAC recommendations connected with the above matters.
|S.NO||Department Section||Phone No|
|1||Forest & Wild Life (A) Department||2518610|
|2||Forest & Wild Life (B) Department||2517150|
|3||Forest & Wild Life (C) Department||2518984|
|4||Forest & Wild Life (D) Department||2518076|
|5||Forest & Wild Life (E) Department||2518553|
|6||Forest & Wild Life (F) Department||2518215|
|7||Forest & Wild Life (PS) Department||2517119|
Kerala Forest & Wild Life Department Important Contact Details:
Shri. K. B. Ganesh Kumar Minister for Forest, Sports and Cinema
Room No: 131
Phone : 0471-2333254,2333294
Mob : 9447133333
Fax : 0471-2334648
Forest & Wild Life Department
Shri. Pradeep Kumar Principal Secretary
Tel: 0471 2339593
Fax: 0471 2338808
Shri. Raja Raja Varma, IFS
Fax: 0471 2338808
Related Websites of Forest & Wild Life Departments
|S.NO||Name of Website||Link|
|1||Kerala Forest and Wildlife Department||www.keralaforest.gov.in|
|2||Indian Forest Service||www.ifs.nic.in|
|3||KFDC-Kerala Forest Development Corporation Ltd.||www.keralafdc.org|
|4||Indian Institute of Forest Management||www.iifm.ac.in|
|5||Forest Survey of India||www.fsi.org.in|