Kerala Industries & Commerce Department
The Government Secretariat located at Thiruvananthapuram, the Capital of Kerala, is the house of various Government Departments.Department of Handloom and Textiles in Kerala under Industries and Commerce department of Kerala which implements financial and welfare schemes to weavers of Kerala. Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (KSIDC) is a wholly owned company of Government of Kerala, for the promotion and development of medium and large scale units in the State.The role of directorate is to act as a facilitator for industrial promotion and sustainability of MSME (Micro Small or Medium Enterprise) and traditional industrial sector in the state. Directorate of Industries and Commerce is the controlling office of the 14 District Industries Centers , Common Facility Service Centers at Changanacherry and Manjeri and Documentation Center.
Industries & Commerce Department Organization:
The Department of Industries & Commerce is headed by the Hon’ble Minister (Industries & Commerce). The administrative headed of the Industries & Commerce Department is the Additional Chief Secretary (Industries & Commerce). The Directorate of Industries & Commerce is located at Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram, headed by the Director (Industries & Commerce). This is the functional arm of the Department implementing various industrial activities of the Department. District Industries Centers are located in all district head quarters.This is the functional arm of the Department implementing various industrial activities and is responsible for promoting / sponsoring, Registering, Financing and advising MSME (Micro Small or Medium Enterprise) industries in the state.
Notable Function of Industries & Commerce Department :
- Creating and extending infrastructural requirements for the development of industries in the State.
- Promotion of industries with special emphasis on MSME and Self Employment.
- Identifying and developing entrepreneurial potential in the State.
- Strengthen entrepreneurial efforts through consultancy services, marketing assistance, human resources development and for nursing of sick units in the State.
- Promote Industry Resource Locator for making available all the details to the industrial community and new entrepreneurs.
- Promoting women’s entrepreneurship through special Women Industrial Programmes.
- Providing investment assistance’s through Single Window Clearance, loans, subsidies, technical assistance, training etc.
- Joining hands with educational institutions for the development of Entrepreneurship at school/college.
- Create wealth and employment commensurate with the immense resource potential of Kerala by developing entrepreneurship among the youth.
- Form product specific clusters of Industrial units which involve the creation of common corporate entities for sharing opportunities for growth with the assistance of GOI and GOK.
- Identifying the clusters for industrial development and providing technical, marketing, consultancy, training, finance, other developmental support.
- Data base management of small scale industrial units.
- Setup proficiency interface cell in the Department with qualified and trained personnel to interact with experts / consultants for promoting viable projects.
- Conducting EDPs,EAPs industrial seminars, training programmes, Trade fairs, exhibition and giving awards to entrepreneurs of SSI units.
- Inculcating Industrial Culture in the State.
- Function as facilitator for sustained industrial development.
|S.NO||Department Section||Phone No|
|1||Industries (A) Department||0471-2518685|
|2||Industries (B) Department||0471-251 8497|
|3||Industries (C) Department||0471- 251 8737|
|4||Industries (D) Department||0471- 251 8080|
|5||Industries (E) Department||0471-251 8032|
|6||Industries (F) Department||0471- 2518146|
|7||Industries (G) Department||0471- 251 8086|
|8||Industries (H) Department||0471-251 8744|
|9||Industries (J) Department||0471- 251 8800|
|10||Industries (K) Department||0471- 2518362|
|11||Industries (PS) Department||0471-2518036|
Kerala Industries & Commerce Department Important Contact Details:
Shri.P.K.Kunhalikutty Minister for Industries and Information Technology
Room No: 149
3rd Floor, North Block
Phone: 0471-2332700, 2333059
Mob : 9947020200
Department of Industries & Commerce
South Sandwich Block
Shri. V. Somasundaran
Addl. Chief Secretary (Industries & Commerce)
Tel: 91 471 2327582, 2518973
Shri. K. S. Sreenivas
Directorate of Industries & Commerce
Tel: 91 471 2302774
Fax: 91 471 2305493
Directorate of Industries & Commerce
Vikas Bhavan P.O Thiruvananthapuram
Phone No: +91- 471-2302774 Fax No : +91- 471-2305493
E-Mail: tvm_dindust@asinetindia. com
Chief Executive Officer Kerala Bureau of Industrial Promotion
Sasthamangalam P.O. Thiruvananthapuram – 695 010
Phone: 91 – 471 – 2311882, Fax: 2311883
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ,email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Website of Industries & Commerce Department:
|S.NO||Name of Website||Link|
|1||Directorate of Industries & Commerce||www.dic.kerala.gov.in|
|2||Directorate of Handloom and Textiles||www.handloom.kerala.gov.in|
|3||Kerala Bureau of Industrial Promotion (K-BIP)||www.keralaindustry.org|
|4||Directorate of coir development||www.coir.kerala.gov.in|