Kerala Information and Public Relations Department
The Department of Information and Public Relations, the authoritative and official publicity agency of Government of Kerala, functions with the objectives of disseminating various information concerning the government and government departments, feeding government with the public views ensuring a healthy relationship between the government and the public.The department functions mainly through 15 wings: Web and New Media, Field Publicity and Exhibition, Planning and Development, Press Release, Scrutiny, Circulation and Distribution, Advertisement, Coordinating News Editorial, Advertising and Marketing, Programme Production, Video Documentation, Research and Reference, Cultural Development, English Editorial and Malayalam Editorial, besides the district information offices and Kerala Information Center in New Delhi.These sections cater the needs of different media in publishing government policies and developmental activities.The department is also entrusted with implementation of the provisions of Cable TV Act and Press and Registration of Books Act.The Department arranges cultural programmes on special occasions such as Republic Day, Independence Day, Onam Week.
Information and Public Relations Department Organization:
The Director of Information and Public Relations Department is assisted by two Additional Directors, five Deputy Directors at the Headquarters, six Regional Deputy Directors.The department of Information and Public Relations has six Regional Deputy Director Officers in the State and one Deputy Director Office at the Kerala House, New Delhi. Kollam, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Kozhikode and Kannur are the Regional Offices. All the six Regional Offices are situated at the respective civil stations.here are 14 District Information Offices and Kerala Information Center at New Delhi. District Information Office is headed by the District Information Officer and in association with respective District administration and Local Self Government Organizations.The Director at the State level, the Deputy Directors at the regional level and the Information Officer based in New Delhi co-ordinate the various activities of the Department with the Central and State Government Departments. Director of Public Relations is also the P.R. Officer of the Governor of Kerala and member Secretary in State Film, TV and Drama Awards judging committees.
Notable Function of Information and Public Relations Department :
- Supervision and control over the activities of the respective District Information Offices.
- Periodic inspection of the District Information Offices.
- Assessment of the activities of respective District Offices and monthly report to DPR.
- Passing and countersigning of bills relating to photography, videography, tours etc. of the respective District Offices.
- Conducting of staff meeting at the respective District Offices and Regional Office with a view to smoothen the functioning of such offices.
- Inspection and report on the circulation of dailies and other periodicals throughout the State at the direction of the Director of Information and Public Relations.
- Inquiry and report on petitions relating to Sutharya Keralam etc. at the direction of the DPR.
- Inspection and report on applications for various pension schemes.
- Collection and remittance of the monthly contributions from journalist and non-journalist members of pension schemes.
- Participating in the meetings convened by the Chief Minister, Secretary, Information and Public Relations etc.
- Daily scrutiny of the media and bringing the adverse news items to the notice of concerned Ministers, District Collectors and District Offices.
- Coverage along with videography and photography of all official functions happening at district level.
- Organizing and conducting of various functions like Government’s anniversary, Gandhi Jayanthi Celebrations, Kerala Piravi Dinam, Official Language Celebration, Swadesabhimani Day etc.
- Organizing seminars, workshops etc on different subjects.
- Publication of booklets on District level development activities.
- Participation in the exhibitions organized by other governmental and non-governmental agencies.
|S.NO||Department Section||Phone No|
|1||Information and Public Relations (A) Department||0471-2518586|
|2||Information and Public Relations (B) Department||0471-2518330|
|3||Information and Public Relations (C) Department||0471-2518013|
|4||Information and Public Relations (D) Department||0471-2518673|
|5||Information and Public Relations (E) Department||0471-2518078|
|6||Information and Public Relations (F) Department||0471-2518634|
|7||Information and Public Relations (G) Department||0471-2518174|
Kerala Information and Public Relations Department Important Contact Details:
Shri. K. C. Joseph Minister for Rural Development, Planning, Culture and Norka
Room No: 358 B
Main Block, Secretariat
Phone : 0471-2332021, 2333176
Mob : 9495466600, 9447074003
Fax: 0471- 2320600
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Information and Public Relations Department
Shri. T. J. Mathew Secretary
Shri. A. Firoz Director
Tel: 0471-2327782, 2518443
Mob : 9447043786
Res- 0471-2750260, 2752615
Shri. Jacob Samson Additional Director & Appellate Authority, RTI Act
Tel: 0471-2518337, 2325689
Shri. C. Rameshkumar Additional Director (Electronic Media Division)
0471- 2517084, 2337633
Web & New Media Division
Information & Public Relations Department
Fourth Floor, South Block
Tel: 0471- 2322150, 2517261
Related Website of Information and Public Relations Department:
|S.NO||Name of Website||Link|
|1||Department of Information and Public Relations||www.prd.kerala.gov.in|
|3||Chief Minister of Kerala website||www.keralacm.gov.in|
|4||Right to Information||www.rti.kerala.gov.in|