Kerala Parliamentary Affairs Department
The task of efficiently handling diverse and important Parliamentary work on behalf of Government in Assembly has been assigned to Parliamentary Affairs Department. This Department serves as an important link between the Legislative Assembly and the Government in respect of Government business in the Assembly. Parliamentary Affairs Department is providing back up services for the Co-ordination of Legislative matters in formulating Government decision on important issues.
Parliamentary Affairs Department Organization:
The INPA organizes or sponsors a number of conferences, seminars,workshops, study groups and other event saimed primarily at Members of Parliaments and Legislatures and at parliamentary officials.The Institute of Parliamentary Affairs (INPA) is an institution established by the Government of Kerala in 2003 under the Travancore- Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955. The Institute was formally inaugurated on 22nd July 2004. The basic idea behind the establishment of INPA is to strengthen parliamentary democracy in the country, and foster a sense of comradeship and spirit of democratic citizenship among its people, in short to make democracy the organist principle of the social and political life of the people of India, particularly that of Kerala.
Notable Function of Parliamentary Affairs Department :
- Planning and Co-ordination of the official business in the House.
- Preparation of the Business of each session of the House except legislation (including fixing dates for presentation of Budget,Supplementary Budget and for discussion thereof).
- Project under Parliamentary Gateway. Implementation of eleven point programme under Parliamentary Gateway.
- Establishment work of Institute of Parliamentary Affairs.
- Kerala Payment of Pension to Members Legislature Act, 1976 and Rules under the Act.
- Papers relating to Establishment matters of personnel of Legislature Secretariat specifically referred to the department.
- Interpellation and related issues from Lok Sabha, and Rajya Sabha.
- Follow up action of the LA Questions asked to Minister of Parliamentary Affairs Department.
- Maintenance of cash book and operation of Head of Account-2052-00-00-86-PAD.
- Government Stand on Private Members Bills & Resolutions and Appointment of Members of the Legislature Committees and bodies set up by Government.
- Follow up action on the Legislative Assembly Assurances relating to the departments, viz., Food, Home, Housing, Industries, Planning & Economic Affairs, Public Works, Transport, Revenue and Taxes.
|S.NO||Department Section||Phone No|
|1||Parliamentary Affairs (A) Department||0471-2518020|
|2||Parliamentary Affairs (B) Department||0471-2518986|
Kerala Parliamentary Affairs Department Important Contact Details:
Parliamentary Affairs Department
Above old Assembly Building
Shri. P. K. Mohanty
Additional Chief Secretary
Additional Secretary, Parliamentary Affairs Department
Tel- 0471- 2327269,2517111
Official Website: www.ipaffairs.org
Related Website of Parliamentary Affairs Department:
|S.NO||Name of Website||Link|
|1||Institute of Parliamentary Affairs (INPA)||www.ipaffairs.org|