Kerala Revenue Department
The land Revenue Department was in existence even before India became independent in 1947.Commissionerate of Land Revenue is Located about 3Kms away from the Central Railway Station, in the East Fort – Vellayambalam road, at the picturesque location of the Museum Campus beside the Main road. institute of Land and Disaster Management is an autonomous body constituted under the Revenue Department, Govt. of Kerala to impart professional training, including induction training, in-service training and refresher training to personnel of the Land Revenue and Survey Department of Kerala State.The Department is under the control of the Revenue Minister.
Revenue Department Organization:
In Secretariat, the department is headed by the Principal Secretary (Revenue Secretary) who is assisted by Additional Secretaries/ Joint Secretaries. The Revenue Department is headed by Land Revenue Commissioner who is assisted by Additional Commissioner and Assistant Commissioners. The State of Kerala consist of 14 districts, 21 Revenue Divisions, 63 Taluks and 1453 Villages. Each district is headed by a District Collector who is assisted by Deputy Collectors among others. Each revenue division is headed by a Revenue Divisional Officer and assisted by Senior Superintendent among others. Each Taluk is headed by a Tahsildar and Additional Tahsildar who is assisted by Deputy Tahsildar among others. Each Village is headed by a Village Officer who is assistance. The land Revenue Department was in existence even before India became independent in 1947. Revenue Department was in existence in the erstwhile Princely states of Travancore, Cochin, and also the Malabar region which was part of the Madras Provinces.The Land Board, Trivandrum is headed by Land Revenue Commissioner who is also the State Land Board and assisted by Secretary for disposal of land ceiling cases under Kerala Land Reforms Act .
Notable Function of Revenue Department
- Disposal of Appeal against the orders of the Tahsildars and monitoring of progress of collection of land tax.
- Issue of Revenue Recovery Certificates, Arrest and detention of defaulters, attachment and assumption of management of business.
- Monitoring progress of collection of Irrigation Cass and Taxes.
- Identification of land/purchase of land/Monitoring of issue of Patta.
- Selection of eligible persons in Municipal and Corporation areas.
- Allotment of funds. Monitoring progress of sanction of pension and payments.
- The Land Tribunal ( Deputy Collector, LR) disposes Tendency cases incidental to annuity applications
and forward proposals to Land Board for payment of annuity.
- Declaring movable and immovable properties as es cheated properties.
- Approval of basis for valuation and detailed valuation statement, issuing prior sanction for Draft Awards and monitoring Land Acquisition cases
- Functions as the Chairman of the District Land Development Committee.
- To furnish enquiry report to Government.
Kerala Revenue Department Contact Details:
Shri Adoor Prakash Minister for Revenue and Coir
Room No: 731
Speakers Old Chamber (Old Assembly Building)
Phone : 0471-2335766, 2328440
Mob : 9495455500, 9447008166
Fax : 0471-2328440
South Sandwich Block
Shri. T.O.Sooraj Secretary (In Charge)
Revenue and Disaster Management
Official Website: http://revenue.kerala.gov.in
Related Website of Revenue Department:
|Name of Website||Link|
|Department of Revenue||www.revenue.kerala.gov.in|
|Commissionerate of Land and Revenue||www.clr.kerala.gov.in|
|Kerala State Land Bank||www.kslb.kerala.gov.in/|