Kerala Transport Department
Transport Department of the secretariat takes the administrative level decisions of the line / Subordinate Departments.The history of Kerala State Road Transport Corporation began whilst the development of the transport industry it wasn’t booming enough like today.The Travancore State Transport Department was constituted by the erstwhile Travancore Government with a view to reorganize the transport service of the State.Mr E.G.Salter, Assistant, Operating Supdt of London Passenger Transport Board was appointed as Supdt on 20.9.1937. Consequent on the enactment of Road Transports Corporation Act in 1950, Govt. of Kerala formulated KSRTC rules in 1965 by sec.44 and the department was converted into an autonomous corporation on 1.4.1965.The prime essentially, the prompt methodology and the ship shape vigour of KSRTC is why our dedicated public has betrothed to our service.
Transport Department Organization:
The Kerala State road Transport Corporation was established by the government of Kerala by the notification dated, 15-3-1965. The arrangements required for the smooth taking over of the services run by the Kerala State Transport Department were made expeditiously by the Corporation. Its political head is the Minister and the administrative head is the Secretary to the Government.Details of the department such as organizational structure, list and addresses of officials, programmes, schemes, latest Government orders,achievements, success stories etc are provided.
Notable Function of Transport Department
- Budget, loans and grants Institution loan in respect of KSRTC and KTDFC.
- Land acquisition in respect of Railways, BSNL, Airport etc.
- All papers relating to KSRTC routes, Bus stations, Canteens, Bus stops.
- Kerala Transport Development Finance Corporation.
- Constitution of Regional Transport Authority and connected WPs.
- Computerization of Motor Vehicles Department.
- Administration Report VTC to Local bodies, purchase.
- Kerala Motor Vehicles Taxation Act and Rules for the Districts of Kannur,Kozhikode, Wayanad, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrissur and Kasaragod -Tax installment papers of the Districts.
- All establishment papers relating to Non-Gazetted Officers of the Motor Vehicles Department.
- Budget consolidation work.
- Amendment to Motor Vehicles Act and Rules.
- All Establishment papers of KSRTC including pension of erstwhile Transport Department.
|S.NO||Department Section||Phone No|
|1||Transport (A) Department||0471- 2517014|
|2||Transport (B) Department||0471- 2517186|
|3||Transport (C) Department||0471-251 8632|
|4||Transport (D) Department||0471-2518698|
Kerala Transport Department Important Contact Details:
Shri. Aryadan Mohammed
Minister for Power and Transport
Room No: 208,
2nd Floor, North Sandwich Block
Phone : 0471-2327561,2321228
Mob : 9447011324
Fax : 0471-2327759
Shri. Elias George Additional Chief Secretary
Ph-0471- 2330644, 2518875
Sri. P. Vijayanand Transport Commissioner
Trans Towers, Vazhuthacad, Thiruvananthapuram
Phone No. 0471-2333314
Email ID : email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Website of Transport Department
|Name of Website||Link|
|Kerala State Road Transport Corporation||www.keralartc.com|
|State Water Transport||www.swtd.gov.in|
|Indian Railway website||www.indianrail.gov.in|
|Motor Vehicles Department||www.keralamvd.gov.in|
|Airport Authority of India||www.aai.aero/public_notices/aaisite_test/main_new.jsp|