Cheru Payaru or Whole Green Gram is also known as Mung Bean/Moong Bean/Green Soy/Golden Gram etc. It is very nutritious and high in proteins.Cheru Payaru can be used for making thick gravies, Sambar, Thoran etc.This is an Excellent dish serve with rice and puttu.
|Whole Green Moong (Cheru Payaru)||1/2 cup|
|Finely sliced Onions||1 medium|
|Slit Green Chillies||2 long|
|Mashed Garlic Cloves||4 or 5|
|Curry Leaves||A sprig|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Red Chilly Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 tsp|
How To Make
- Pressure Cook the Soaked Whole Green Beans along with salt up to 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok. Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and saute.
- When the onions become golden brown, stir in 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp red chilly powder and 1/2 tsp coriander powder.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- After that add the cooked green moong to the above masala and mix well.
- Add more water and salt if required and bring it to a boil stirring occasionally.
- garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve with Rice or Puttu.