Dosa is common breakfast and famous dish of southern Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Dosa is a fermented crepe or pancake made from rice batter and black lentils.Since its constituent ingredients are rice and lentils, it is gluten-free and contains protein.
|Rice Flour||2 Cups|
|Ural Dal||3/4 Cup|
How to Make
- Soak Urad Daal in water for 2-3 hours and then grind to make a thick paste of it.
- Now add rice flour and salt to it to form loose batter
- Keep the batter overnight to ferment.
- Now heat a non stick Griddle and add ghee or oil to it then pour one cup of Batter on it and spread it as thin as possible to make it crisp
- Leave it for 2 minutes and if the edges of the dosa seems to be getting brownish flip it over and keep for 2 more minutes.
- Add oil or ghee to this side also to make it taste better.
- Now dosa is ready
Serve the Dosa along with Sambhar or Chutney.