Kaalan is a dish of Kerala India. It is made of yogurt, coconut and one vegetable like nendran plantain or a tuber like yam. It is very thick and more sour than Aviyal. kaalan is a part of vegetarian feast.
1 1/2 Cups
|Black Peeper Powder||
|Dry red chillies||
How to Make ( 8 Adults)
- Heat up a vessel
- Add water , raw banana and yam pieces along it and cook it
- Now add black pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Meanwhile Grind together coconut and green chillies into a smooth paste.
- And add curd to the boiling curry and allow to boil till it becomes thick
- Now add the paste and more curry leaves
- Close the lid of the vessel the curry is ready
- Now take a pan and fry fenugreek seeds in it
- Powder it and add it into the curry.
- Now take some oil in pan and heat it
- Splutter mustard seeds and saute curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Add this mixture with the curry in vessel and mix it.
Kaalan is ready to be served hot .