Koottukari is one of the most famous Cusine of Kerala and a prominent dish of the Traditional Kerala Sadhya which is mostly made at the time of Onam Festivals. Koottukare is a very delicious and exotic dish made with vegetables, coconut, chillies and Jeera/Cumin seeds.Koottukari is sweet in taste and Yellow in Colour .It is a yellow curry featuring one or two vegetables such as banana and coconut.Koottukari is Basically Served with Rice and Chappathi .
Ingredients For Kerala Koottukari
|Cubed Vegetables||1 cup|
|Moong dal||1/2 cup|
|Coconut Oil||2 tsp|
|Urad dal/Split Balck gram||1 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Red chilly||2 – 3 nos|
|Grated Coconut||3 Tbsp|
|Jeera/Cumin seeds||3/4 tsp|
How to Make Koottukari
- Cook the Moong Dal in a Vessel with 2-3 cups of water and Turmeric.
- In Another Vessel cook the vegetables with Turmeric,Curry leaves and sufficient water.
- After that grind the Coconut, Jeera and Chillies to a fine paste
- Cooked Dal and Vegetables mix together along with the ground paste
- Boil this Mixtures well and Add Salt to Taste
- Heat Oil in Small Pan
- Add Urad dal, Mustard seeds and Red chilly peices.
- When the Mustard starts to splutter, add Curry leaves
- Pouring this tempering to the Koottu
Koottukari is ready to Serve with Rice or Chappathi