Mathanga vilayichathu (Pumpkin sweet) is very Delicious sweet Dish prepared in South India.It is prepared Especially during the Heaty afternoon or summer Days.The rice flour coat leaves a cooling sensation in the mouth and the jack-fruit gives a burst of strong aroma when bite. Its very simple method to prepare this sweet dish.Pumpkin is highly rich in anti-oxidants and beta-carotene. Pumpkin pulp contains vitamins, especially pro-vitamin A, vitamins E and C, salts and minerals, carbon hydrates, and proteins.
How To Make
- Cut mathanga ( Pumpkin) into small pieces.
- Take mathanga (Pumpkin) in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Add water,reduce the flame and keep stirring until the mixture cooks properly.
- Add jaggery and keep stirring until all the jaggery is absorbed and the mixture starts thickening.
- Add ghee and cardamom powder to the mixture and mix well.
- Remove from the flame.
- Delicious mathanga vilayichathu is Ready to serve .