Palappam is a fermented flat bread Dish in Kerala . In Tamil Nadu it is known as ” Aappam“. Its made by grinding rice and mixing with east and Coconut milk.There are numerous variations of Appam like Palappam, Velayappam, Kallappam, Vatayappam and so on . Palappam is specially popular among the Syrian Christians of Kerala . The palappam is prepared in an mould and looks like a pancake.also called as Kallappam and Vellayappam
|Rice flour||1 cup|
|Dry/or fresh coconut||3/4 cup|
|Thick coconut milk||1 1/2 to 2 cup|
How to Make
- Combine the mixture of Sugar , lukewarm water and yeast left to cool untill it becomes frothy
- After that combine the remaining Ingredient and beat in a blender for 2 minutes.
- Add the yeast and Boil for again one minute.
- Cover the bowl and prove for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Heat an Appam pan, ladle 1/4 cup of the batter into the center of the pan.
- Lift the pan and swirl the batter a little bit toward the edge of the pan to get a thin layer of batter.
- Cover the pan and cook, edges ought to have a golden brown crust.
Palappam is ready to Serve with stew or egg roast.