Pavakka Varuthathu is Kerala Dish commonly known as Bitter Gourd Vegetables. Pavakka also known as Kerala in Hindi .Bitter gourds are very low in calories but dense with precious nutrients. It is an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, and B3, C, magnesium, frolic acid, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, and has high dietary fiber.It is rich in iron, contains twice the beta-carotene of broccoli, twice the calcium of spinach, and twice the potassium of a banana. It take less time to cook and it serve with Rice.
|Bitter gourd||2 nos|
|Chilly powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Green chillies||3 nos|
|Coconut or canola oil||2 tsp|
How to Make
- Wash bitter gourd pieces and drain the water completely.
- Add chilly powder, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt and mix well with hand.
- Keep this aside for some mins.
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai.
- Fry the bitter gourd pieces on a low flame
- Till they turn crispy & light brown in colour.
- Serve with rice.