Sarkara Upperi is very popular Sweet Dish of Kerala Sadhya . It must be prepared for all festive occasions and weddings in Kerala Sarkkara Upperi is prepared by chopping bananas into a thick piece, deep fried and then mixed into melted jaggery. Sarkkara Upperi is also known as the name ” Sarkkara Varatti ” or ” Jaggery Coated Banana Chips” . Its Very Easy and quickly to make Jaggery Coated Banana Chips .
|Raw Banana||3 no|
|Dried Ginger Powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1 tsp|
|Coconut Oil||For Deep Frying|
How to Make
- Peel the outer skin from plantains
- Heat oil and fry the banana pieces until they become crispy
- Remove from Flame oil using a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the Jaggery with 1 cup water in a large Pan
- Stir continuously until the jaggery melts turn into a thick syrup.
- Remove from fire and add the fried banana pieces, ginger powder, cumin powder, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow it to cool after that sprinkle some sugar Powdered over it.