Ambiance of a traditional Kerala Home built 70 years back with breathtakingly beautiful backwater frontage, Heritage style air conditioned accommodation, Traditional Kerala cuisine and 3000 years old Ayurvedic Rejuvenation Massage. Located at Alappuzha (Alleppey) Kerala, India. Keraleeyam is the right place to unwind, in peace and harmony with nature.
Rooms and Accommodation
The cosy, well appointed rooms at the resort helps you feel at home. The heritage style spacious and airy rooms are provided with all amenities. All rooms have wide verandahs facing the Arabian sea.
- Heritage Style-Heritage style air conditioned rooms with modern private facilities attached. The facility has a panoramic backwater frontage.Interiors reflect ambiance of traditional Kerala homes.Cots, Tables and Chairs are handcrafted in traditional style.The gentle refreshing breeze, flowing from the backwaters make your stay at Keraleeyam a heavenly experience.
- Kalithattu-A "Kalithattu" or open air theater in-front of Keraleeyam, periodically stages folk art-forms.The property is so exclusive that it accommodates only 11 people at a time.The environment is green, healthy and unblemished by pollution or other evils of modernization.
Facilities and Activities
- Room Amenities– Ac / Non Ac rooms available, 24 Hours room service,Broadband internet facility, Broadband internet facility, Express laundry, Standard bathrooms with modern fittings, 24 hours hot & cold water,
- Facilities– Multi cuisine restaurant, Currency exchange counter, Internet, Cab Services, Travel Assistance, well-equipped business centre, laundry and dry cleaning services, a doctor on call, currency exchange, mail service, housekeeping, 24-hour front desk, Ample Parking space,Doctor-On-Call
- Recreational– Boat Cruise along picturesque backwater lagoons, Go angling and get a prized catch, Ride an Indian Elephant, Unique art, dance and sport forms like Thiruvathira Kali
- Dining– Apart from Indian dishes, chefs also prepare European, Chinese and Italian specialties.“Keraleeyam offers traditional Kerala, Chinese and Continetal cuisine by choice. Traditional Kerala cuisine of rice and spicy curries,are served on plantain leaves, `Puttu’ (or steamed rice-cake with coconut gratings prepared in bamboo shell ) etc. are served in traditional style. Choice of selected of Continental and Chinese cuisine is also offered.
- Ayurveda– Ayurvedic Massage offers lasting relief from chronic aches and pains like backache, joint pains, stiff neck, migraine and rheumatic pains.
Keraleeyam houseboat is a converted traditional wooden cruise boat with a bright and lively open living area, two comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms, a neat and tidy kitchen, and an experienced personal chef. Keraleeyam houseboat is made entirely with eco friendly materials like wood, coir and bamboo. The boat from a distance looks like a large floating thatched cottage.
The sunbath deck offers a passing view of the rustic lifestyle of the locals. The climate in Kerala is moderate and comfortable round the year. All along the cruise, living villages will be passing by. Keraleeyam houseboat is anchored overnight. The floating air conditioned bedrooms offer you complete peace and calm.
Keraleeyam Ayurvedic Resort is located in Alleppey. Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport from Alappuzha. One can find trains from Cochin, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Chennai, Bangalore, Coimbatore to this beautiful place. Cochin – Alappuzha (Alleppey)- 2 hours
by road or rail.
Alleppey is the famous backwater destination of Kerala . Boat races, houseboats cruises, beaches , museums, kuttanad and many other natural beauties can be seen and visited here.