St. Mary’s Church Aluva

The St. Mary’s church at Thrikkunnathu, Aluva also known as Aluva Thrikkunnathu Pally was founded in 1880 by Metropolitan Ambatt Mor Kurillos Geevarghese, the first primate of the Angamali diocese. The church was renovated two times later. The present church building was constructed in early 1930’s by St. Athanasius Paulose. The church is blessed with the sacred tombs of Malankara Metropolitan St. Athanasius Paulose Pynadathu (Valiya Thirumeni, 1953) and the former Angamali diocesan Metropolitans, Mor Athanasius Paulose Kadavil (1907) and Mor Gregorios Geevarghese Vayaliparambil (1966).

The church have four shrines under its ownership in different places of Aluva town; two of them are dedicated to the Holy Virgin Mary and the other two are named after Mor Kuriakose Sahdo and Patriarch St. Ignatius Elias III of Manjinikkara.

Every year thousands of pilgrims visit the St. Mary’s church on 26th January, to pray and participate in the dukrono celebrations of St. Athanasius Valiya Thirumeni, one of the most revered Metropolitans of Malankara Syrian Church after St. Gregorios of Parumala.As the St. Mary’s church is remaining closed due to disputes, the Jacobite Syrian Christians of this parish now uses the ‘Mass Hall’, located at a few distance away from the St. Mary’s Church, as their chapel. Various spiritual organizations like the Jacobite Syrian Sunday School, Marth Mariam Samajam, Youth Association, Anthiochea Viswasa Samithi, Family forums etc., functions in this parish.

St. Mary’s church on Google Map

You May Like.

Get Kerala packages quotation from experts!

Add St. Mary’s Church Aluva Feedback, Comments, Reviews